Frequently Asked Questions
Why Friday Nights?Why do you have service on Friday nights and not on Sunday morning like most churches? That's a great question. We meet on Friday nights for several reasons. It's the end of the work week for most people and we need to recharge our spirirtual battery, it leaves Sundays open for us to do other activities (including worship with our friends at other churches ), it allows us a day to ride our bikes and reach out to those riders who aren't active in a relationship with God, and a lot of people now have to work on Sunday and they are able to attend on Friday nights, but not Sundays.
Paul writes in Romans 14:5 NLT
In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable
What to expectIf you’re NEW or considering a visit to Broken Chains Freedom Church, here’s a little of what you can expect:
- You will notice that the building doesn’t look like a church. You see, the church is the people, not some fancy meeting place.
- Someone will speak to you, welcome you, probably even hug your neck.
- The music will start.
- Then our band will play some great music, you’ll probably be surprised by some of the arrangements.
- The pastor will talk about what the Bible has to say about real life and how we are to apply it to our lives.
- There will be some more music as everyone is given a chance to respond to what God is speaking to their hearts.
- You will be honored and respected.
There will not be any offering plates passed. We have a motorcycle saddlebag at the back of the sanctuary to put your offering and tithe into. We feel what you give to God is between you and God, not the person sitting next to you. Broken Chains Freedom Church is a safe place where people come as they are, not a place for people who have it all together. No perfect people allowed! You can dress comfortable. Many of us, including the pastor, wear jeans and polo shirts. If you have any questions, we’d be happy to help you in any way we can. If you can join us, please know you can relax, grab a cup of complimentary coffee before the service and feel free to participate in praise and worship of our Lord Jesus Christ. Come check out our amazing praise band and have a great time of worship with us at Broken Chains Freedom Church. We think that if you come and visit us one time, you will find your next church home. We hope to see you this next Friday night at 7:00PM
How Do I Join Broken Chains Freedom Church?Membership is open to anyone who has made a profession in faith in Jesus Christ as his or her Lord and Savior. We want each member and potential member to understand clearly what is expected of them as part of Broken Chains and we want you to know what you can expect from the church as well.
How To Join:
At each of our Worship services, we give you the opportunity to join the Broken Chains Family following the conclusion of the pastor's message. The most common ways to join Broken Chains of Wichita Falls are:
- Profession of Faith and Baptism: You publicly express your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and indicate a desire to be baptized.
- Baptism: You have previously made a public profession of faith but you have never been baptized by immersion following your profession. You express your desire to be baptized.
- Transfer of Letter: You are coming from another church of like faith and order. Our church will request a letter from your previous church indicating you were a member.
- Statement of Faith: You are coming from another denomination or perhaps a church that is no longer still around, but you have made a public profession of faith and been baptized by immersion. You may simply join on the basis of your statement of this fact.
At Broken Chains, we recognize the need for formal membership. We believe formal membership in a local church is important because:
- Membership in a local church is an important step in demonstrating our committment to Christ.
- Membership helps you identify with a church and the beliefs of that local body.
- Membership shares a commitment and defines who can be entrusted with positions of leadership within the church.
As you visit our church , we pray that you will consider serving at Broken Chains and join us in a commitment to share the message of Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Gift AssessmentMost people have wondered about what their sipiitual gifts are. If that's you, take a few moments and answer these questions and it will help you find out. Remember, be very honest in your ansers for a true assestment.
Spiritual Gifts Assessment.